Poultry Boarding Terms and Conditions
- Please be aware that the best place for your birds whilst you are away is actually at home in their own environment. This keeps stress levels to a minimum. However this is not always possible so we therefore offer this service for you. We will always do our best to look after your birds and to minimise risk of problems we will be following these procedures....
- On arrival all birds will be checked for obvious signs of disease. We reserve the right to refuse acceptance of any birds if we feel that they are carrying a contagious disease or are unfit.
- All birds will be treated for lice and mites on arrival. This is not a reflection of how we feel you care for your birds but a safeguard for all birds involved in the boarding process.
- Birds will not be let out to free range whilst in our care. They will be let into their run each day but we cannot take the risk of birds disappearing whilst you are away and we need to keep them within their pens.
- Birds will be cared for as though they are our own. We CANNOT however be held responsible for any loss or damage to birds whilst in our care. We will however look after them to the best of our ability. Whilst in our care if we feel it is necessary to take any birds to the vet then we will do so at your expense. If you wish us not to do this we will endeavor to keep the birds comfortable until your return, we will not however see any bird suffer and will contact you to ask permission if we feel a bird needs to be put to sleep.
- Payment in full is required SEVEN days before drop off.
- Birds must be collected on date agreed as the coop may be booked for the next boarders. If this is not possible (flight / travel delays) please contact us as soon as is possible.
- At the end of the duration of booking if birds are not collected we will keep them safe for you but cannot guarantee that they will be in the boarding coop - they may need to be moved to an alternative temporary accomodation (dog pen or similar). We reserve the right to charge a premium on late collections (maximum of £4.00 per bird per day.) If we have not heard from you within 7 days of expected collection we will presume that the birds are not wanted and they will be rehomed.
Drop Off / Collection
Vet / Illness
We are happy to administer Vets medications to your birds whilst you are away. There is a nominal charge for this service - please see payment page.
If we need to take your birds to
the vet whilst they are here - the cost of the vet treatment will be
passed straight on to yourself. We will try to contact you before taking
the birds for treatment.
Treatment cost will be limited to £75 if I
can't contact you for authorisation beforehand.
There will be a charge
for us to take your birds to the vets - this is a minimum amount purely
for our time and petrol costs of £20 per visit. (Please be aware taking birds to the vet, staying with them and returning can take up half a day so we have had to start charging for this time.)
Booking of birds into boarding is with agreement to the above policy.