Daily & Weekly Routine
- Check feed and water.
- Let birds out.
- Watch them for a couple of minutes and check their behaviour – (normally over a cup of tea!)
Mid / late afternoon.
- You can offer a treat perhaps a small handful of corn – only offer enough that they can eat in a few minutes otherwise will become overweight / egg production will drop / shells can become misshaped.
- Collect your eggs
- Lock birds up for night
- Clean coop out and spray with Smite Liquid to protect from mites / lice and also to keep disinfected.
- Ideally allow coop to dry and then replace bedding with new.
- As an extra safeguard can add Smite Powder in to nooks and crannies for mite prevention.
- If very cold damp weather, instead of using Smite Liquid you may prefer to use a dry disinfectant such as Coop Care.
- Wash out drinkers with Smite Liquid, rinse well and fill with fresh water.